At Bolands Wexford, we're working hard to be better every day. Looking after the personal data you share with us is a hugely important part of this. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
What this Policy covers
The data controller is J.A. Boland Wexford Limited (referred to in this policy as "we" or "us").
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data. That's why we've developed this privacy and cookies policy ("Policy"), which:
• Sets out the types of personal data that we collect
• Explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
• Explains when and why we will share personal data within Boland Carlow and with other organisations
• Explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data.
We offer a range of services, so we want you to be clear about what this Policy covers. This Policy applies to you if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as "our Services"). Using our Services means:
• Browsing our Website ("our Website"), booking a test drive, making an appointment, booking a service or completing a finance application online using the website where this Policy is posted.
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our Services.
Some other parts of our business may need to collect and use personal data to provide you with their products and services and for certain other purposes. They have their own privacy policies that explain how they use your personal data.
What Personal data we collect
This section tells you what personal data we may collect from you when you use our Services and what other personal data we may receive from other sources.
1. When you make use of our Services, you may provide us with:
Your personal details, including your residential details, financial details, vehicle details, email addresses, phone numbers, date of birth, place of birth and title.
2. When you browsing our Website or making use of our Services, we may collect:
Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Website and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations' websites)
Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
3. When you contact us or we contact you or you, we may collect:
Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our Services (for example, your name and contact details) including by email or our online enquiry form
Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on.
How and why we use personal data
This section explains in detail how and why we use personal data mentioned above.
1. Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
2. Update and maintain your records and make our Services available to you
• We may process your account data ("account data"). The account data may include your name, email address, home address, telephone number and car registration number. The source of the account data is you. The account data may be processed for the purposes of updating and maintaining our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is consent or our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our business or the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
• We may process your personal data that are provided in the course of the use of our services ("service data"). The service data may include your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, place of birth, residential details, employment details and financial details. The source of the service data is you. The service data may be processed for the purposes of providing our services as requested by you. The legal basis for this processing is consent or the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
3. Contact and interact with you
Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
We want to serve you better as a customer so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications
• We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us ("enquiry data"). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
• We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us ("correspondence data"). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users.
4. Additional processing scenarios
• We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
• We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
• In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this section, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Sharing personal data with other organisations
This section explains how and why we share personal data with other organisations.
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
• if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data
• if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk)
• to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us
• to any other successors in title to our business.
Retaining and deleting personal data
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain your personal data as follows:
• Usage data will be retained for a maximum period of 50 months following May 25th, 2018.
• Account data will be retained for a maximum period of 60 months following May 25th, 2018.
• Service data will be retained for a maximum period of 60 months following May 25th, 2018.
• Enquiry data will be retained for a maximum period of 24 months following May 25th, 2018.
• Correspondence data will be retained for a maximum period of 60 months following May 25th, 2018.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Your principal rights under data protection law, coming into effect on May 25th, 2018 are:
• The right to access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to object to processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to complain to a supervisory authority
• The right to withdraw consent.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, such information will be subject to the payment of €10 and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. For this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport or driving license plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address. You can submit an access request by visiting our privacy page on www.bolandcars.ie or emailing our team on email@example.com.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, at all time you have the ability to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes by visiting our privacy page on www.bolandcars.ie or emailing our team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed. You can update your details by:
Or writing to
J.A. Boland Wexford Ltd.
How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
• We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
• We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
Marketing and market research
This section explains the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications. When you first make contact with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
We also like to hear your views to help us to improve our Services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small data files that allow a website to collect and store a range of data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
• Improve the performance of our Website
Cookies can help us to understand how our Website is being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse.
These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
• Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
Your choices when it comes to Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device. You can find more detailed information about how you can manage Cookies at the http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and http://youradchoices.com/ websites.
Where we display personalised adverts on other organisations' websites, the AdChoices icon will usually be displayed. Clicking on this icon will provide you with specific guidance on how to control your online advertising preferences. More information is available on the YourAdChoices website.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data please contact us
Write to us at:
J.A. Boland Wexford Ltd.
We reserve the right to change the policy at any time, so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this Policy.